Flooding in Brisbane - a guide for businesses
Flooding can affect your business, either directly through water damage to premises, stock and equipment, or indirectly through disruptions to power, communication and transport services. We all have a role to play in minimising the impact of flooding. There are many simple things businesses can do to prepare themselves, their workforce and their customers.
Flood guide for businesses
This guide will help you to prepare for flooding and to minimise the impact of flooding on your business:
- Flooding in Brisbane - A guide for businesses (PDF - 2.1MB)
- Flooding in Brisbane - A guide for business (Word - 78kb).
You can also download:
- Flooding in Brisbane - an explanation of technical flood terms (PDF - 1Mb)
- Flooding in Brisbane - an explanation of technical flood terms (Word - 57kb).
Ensure your business is prepared by checking Council's range of free online tools and information that can help businesses identify and understand the possibility of flooding.
- Check the Interactive Flood Awareness Maps to understand the likelihood of flooding on your business.
- Download a FloodWise Property Report for flood information relating to building, renovating or fit-outs for your business.
- Have an emergency kit and plan ready and make sure all employees know about this.
- Responding to a flood threat - understand how to respond to a flood, including working with sandbags.
Brisbane City Council excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this flood preparedness guide, titled Flooding in Brisbane - A guide for businesses, and any information or material cited in it. The information in this guide is general information provided to help you decide if you need professional advice relevant to your particular situation.