Business emergency kit and contacts
It is important to prepare your business and employees by having an emergency kit and plan before an emergency. The following list is a guide to business information and supplies that can help if your business is evacuated.
Emergency kit contents checklist
Use a waterproof container to house the following items:
- a hard copy list of important numbers including insurance policy numbers and emergency phone numbers (Council, SES, Police, fire and ambulance) – refer to the Emergency contact details
- important documents, e.g. business account information, credit cards, insurance paperwork
- valuables and computer backup data
- portable radio and torch with spare batteries
- first aid kit
- list of special needs and physical aids
- additional blankets, food, water and first aid (for staff that might be stranded)
- spare set of master keys.
Emergency contact details
- Life threatening emergencies 000
- Police/fire/ambulance (mobiles 000 and 112)
- State Emergency Service (SES) 132 500
- Energex 13 62 62
- Brisbane City Council (07) 3403 8888
During a flood you may also need to contact a range of people and services for help. Keep these numbers in your list of important contacts:
- medical providers (doctor or hospital, health fund)
- service providers (plumbers, electricians, gas and electricity providers, vet)
- financial providers (bank, insurance provider, real estate agent).
Social media updates
The Queensland Government will also update its alert website during a flood or other emergency event.
You can download a printable copy of this checklist as part of the Flooding in Brisbane - A guide for businesses (PDF - 3.5MB).