Brisbane City Council wishes to advise residents up to 20 people are now permitted inside a library at any one time, in accordance with State Government regulations.
Enhanced safety and social distancing measures remain in place.
To observe the limit of 20 people at any one time and minimise waiting time, customers are only able to:
- access and browse the library collections – customers will be asked to sanitise their hands before handling any collection items on the shelves
- limited internet access with 15-minute express sessions. Printing and mobile printing services are available
- return borrowed items through after-hours returns chutes
- pick-up holds when ready for collection – no hold fees apply.
The number of people permitted within individual libraries at any one time will be contingent on:
- floor size
- configuration of different spaces
- distances between shelving, joinery, furniture, computers and service areas
- paths of travel within each library.
Residents are urged to continue using online library services where possible to avoid long queues and delays. All current and new loans are due for return on 30 June 2020.
From 3 June 2020 all new loans will revert to the standard 28-day loan period.
All libraries are open with regular opening hours. Please note, the Brisbane Square Library will close at 6pm on Wednesdays and 7pm on Fridays (instead of midnight on these days).
Brisbane City Council is working closely with the Australian Government and Queensland Health and is following their expert health advice to help minimise the transmission of coronavirus.
As updates are available, they will be included on our Coronavirus: Council updates and impacts page. For more information phone Council on (07) 3403 8888.
For health advice or information visit www.health.gov.au and download the Government’s COVIDSafe app.