Brisbane City Council wishes to advise that all Council public aquatic facilities will close from midday today until further notice, due to coronavirus.
- All Stanley Street Plaza aquatic facilities - Streets Beach, the Boat Pool and Aquativity
- Rocks Riverside Park
- Ferny Grove Aqua Park (also referred to as Upper Kedron Recreation Reserve or Keperra)
- Wynnum Wading Pool Park (both the Wynnum Wading Pool and the adjacent Whimsical Whales)
- Dixon Street playground New Farm small water play area.
Facility closures that are not water play but have small water features (like small hand pumps):
- Booker Place Park – small wishing well pump
- Ascot Park – a hand pump
- Decker Park – a hand pump
- Hercules Street – EDQ project (Council are notifying EDQ)
- Karawatha Nature Playground – the water hand pump and dry creek bed adjacent to the Karawatha Discovery Centre
- Lanham Park – a hand pump.
Other changes for South Bank Parklands and Roma Street Parklands:
- To ensure that the closure is adhered to, all pools will be roped off and active surveillance will be provided by South Bank’s security team
- consultation with booked, large-scale events and decisions about replacement date or cancellations is ongoing
- smaller-scale events, Kids Collective and Sound Society will all be placed on hold until further notice
- Roma Street Parkland’s Parkland Explorer will not operate until further notice
- Roma Street Parkland’s guided tours will not operate until further notice
- the volunteer program across both parklands will not operate until further notice
- The Hub at Roma Street Parkland and the South Bank Visitor Information and Booking Centre are closed to visitors until further notice
- crowd monitoring will occur within both parklands, to ensure that social distancing parameters are being met
- all toilets at South Bank’s Stanley Street Plaza will close to the public from midday today.
- toilets at River Quay, Aquativity, Little Stanley Street, Central Cafes and Piazza remain open
- all barbeques at South Bank and Roma Street Parkland will be turned off until further notice
- Chairs to Share will not be placed on South Bank’s lawns until further notice.
The following cleaning efforts across both parks have also been increased, including:
- Daily touch-point cleaning of all toilet blocks and parent’s rooms. Key specially-cleaned touch-points include hand railings, door handles, taps, dispensers, switches, signage and cistern buttons
- extra cleaning of playgrounds
- intensifying night-cleaning of all toilets.
For more information call Council on (07) 3403 8888.
Brisbane City Council is working closely with Queensland Health and the Australian Government and will continue to be guided by these agencies on all matters of public health. Any further updates to our services and facilities will be provided when available. For health advice or information visit www.health.qld.gov.au.