Access and Inclusion Community Partnership Program budget tips
A budget is required to support your application for an Access and Inclusion Community Partnership Program grant. You can read budget tips and review the budget table example on this page, to assist you with developing your budget.
- Make sure your total project income equals your total expenditure. Income can include financial, and in-kind. Expenditure can include paying contractors, but also in-kind expenses such as volunteer labour including project management, free venue hire, free advertising.
- Volunteer staff can be costed from $35 per hour for non-skilled labour and at relevant rates for professionals.
- Provide a minimum of two recent quotes for each expense. Cost of wages should include the number of hours and hourly rate.
- Ensure you are familiar with the guidelines, in particular, what is eligible for funding.
- An accredited building certifier must be engaged for all capital works projects, to review plans before work commences, and to formally certify that the completed works have achieved compliance with the Building Code of Australia and the Disability Discrimination Act. The cost of engaging a certifier can be included in the project budget.
Please note that for the purpose of assessment:
- All budget figures provided must be GST exclusive i.e. deduct GST from quotes and invoices.
- If your organisation is not GST registered the 10% GST will be added to your grant prior to assessment, but will not be itemised as GST.
- If your organisation is GST registered 10% GST will be added to your grant as an itemised GST gross-up.
An example budget table for the Access and Inclusion Community Partnership Program is below:
|Income (source of funding)||Amount (ex GST)||Project expenditure (description of work and name of supplier)||Amount (ex GST)|
Brisbane City Council Access and Inclusion Community Partnership Program grant
Project Coordinator @ $40 per hour x 5 hours
|Organisation's financial contribution to the project||$500.00||Design company||$500.00|
|Organisation's in-kind contribution to the project||$300.00||Meeting room hire - in-kind||$300.00|
Organisation's contribution of time by paid staff and volunteers
Volunteer labour @ $20 per hour x 10 hours
In-house financial auditing @ $50 per hour x 2 hours
|Other grants e.g. State Government grant (approved)||$200.00||Accredited building certifier||$200.00|
|Total income||$3300.00||Total expenditure||$3300.00|
NOTE: Ensure all income and expenditure totals match.
In the example above you would be required to provide two quotes for the paving companies and two quotes for the construction companies.