Community Development and Capacity Building Grant Program budget tips
A budget is required to support your application for a Community Development and Capacity Building grant. You can read budget tips and review the budget table example on this page, to assist you with developing your budget.
- Make sure your total project income equals your total expenditure.
- Volunteer staff can be costed from $34.89 per hour for non-skilled labour and at relevant rates for professionals.
- Ensure you are familiar with the guidelines, in particular, what is eligible for funding.
- Indicate the amount requested for the Community Development and Capacity Building funding.
- Complete the budget to account for all costs relevant to your proposed activity.
- There is an expectation that you will seek additional income beyond the grant funding; please include anticipated contributions, other grants, participation fees, sponsorship and your organisations own 'in-kind' support.
Expected income may include:
- earned income through project/activity
- in-kind support including time by paid staff and volunteers (for more information refer to the guidelines)
- organisation's financial contributions
- other grants, approved or pending for local, state or federal governments
- other income
Expected expenses may include:
- administration costs
- materials and equipment
- project insurance
- promotion, documentation and marketing costs
- salary, fees and allowances
- venue hire.
Please note that for the purpose of assessment:
- all budget figures provided must be GST exclusive, i.e. deduct GST from quotes and invoices
- if your organisation is GST registered 10% GST will be added to your grant as an itemised GST gross-up.
An example budget table for the Community Development and Capacity Building Grant Program is below:
|Income (source of funding)||Amount (ex GST)||Expenditure (description of work)||Amount (ex GST)||Funded by this grant|
|Brisbane City Council Community Development and Capacity Building Grant Program||$2000||Support worker salary||$2000||$900|
|State Government Grant (approved)||$1000||Development costs||$2000||$500|
|Federal Government Grant (approved)||$1000||Administration fees||$500||$500|
|Own contribution||$1000||Venue hire||$1500|
|In-kind||$1000||Materials and equipment||$500||$100|
|Total income||$7000||Total expenditure||$7000||$2000|
Ensure all income and expenditure totals match.