Historical Organisation Assistance Grant Program
The Historical Organisation Assistance Grant Program provides funding over three years to help cultural heritage and historical organisations to operate and maintain their facilities.
Brisbane City Council recognises the significant contributions cultural heritage and historical organisations make in bringing Brisbane’s stories to life.
This grant provides funding to Brisbane-based cultural heritage and historical organisations to:
- continue to operate and grow
- build stronger, more resilient organisations to achieve long-term sustainability
- increase the skills and capacity of organisations and their staff
- preserve Brisbane’s cultural heritage and history and ensure it remains accessible for the Brisbane community.
Organisations may apply for between $2000 and $10,000 per annum for three years.
Funding round dates
Applications are now closed. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by June 2019.
Your organisation must:
- be a not-for-profit organisation
- be committed to preserving and protecting Brisbane’s heritage
- be accessible to the general public
- be based in the Brisbane Local Government Area
- not have any overdue grant acquittals or outstanding debts with Council.
You can phone Council on 3403 8888 and ask to speak with our Grants Unit to check if your organisation has an outstanding acquittal or debt.
Read the grant guidelines or phone Council on 07 3403 8888 to speak with our Creative Communities team or Grants Unit.