Lord Mayor's Young and Emerging Artists Fellowships
The Lord Mayor's Young and Emerging Artists Fellowships supports young and emerging Brisbane artists and arts workers aged between 17 and 30. The program aims to develop creatives who wish to join national or international training and development programs through participation in:
- training programs
- structured experiences.
Applicants may apply for up to $20,000 per application. The Lord Mayor's Young and Emerging Artists Fellowships comprise two funding categories:
- Category A - International Network: For the completion of training and professional development programs that support creative development.
- Category B - Sister Cities Network: For the completion of training and professional development programs that support creative development in at least one of Brisbane's nine sister cities.
Funding round dates
Applications for this program are now closed. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in May 2020.
An applicant should:
- be an individual artist or arts worker aged between 17 and 30
- reside in the Brisbane Local Government Area (LGA)
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or nominate an accountable auspice body that has an ABN.
An applicant may also nominate an auspice to accept legal and financial responsibility for the applicant’s fellowship.
Auspice organisations are required to be based in the Brisbane LGA and are limited to supporting a maximum of two applications per round.
Applicants must not have any overdue Council grant acquittals or outstanding debts with Council.
How to apply
For more information including how to apply, read the guidelines.
Acquittal reports for successful applicants
If your application is successful, you will be required to complete an online acquittal form within 12 months of grant approval notification.
Grant recipients with overdue acquittal reports are not eligible to apply for other Council grants.
If you believe you or your nominated organisation may have an outstanding report from a previous grant funded project, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the Grants Unit for advice.
For more information, read the grant guidelines. You can also phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with a Creative Development Officer or the Grants Unit.