School Sport and Recreation Facility Upgrade Program
The School Sport and Recreation Facility Upgrade Program is funded by Brisbane City Council and Education Queensland. It provides financial assistance to Brisbane state schools to fund the upgrade of existing school sport and recreation facilities to increase community and school use.
Funding amounts range from $5000 to $30,000.
Funding round dates
The School Sport and Recreation Facility Upgrade Program runs yearly.
Applications for the next round of this program will open on Monday 14 October and will close on Monday 2 December.
To be eligible for the funding, the school must:
- be a state school within the Brisbane City Council local authority area
- have existing sport and recreation facilities that are in need of upgrade
- contribute 20% of funding required for the facility upgrade
- sign a Community Use Agreement to encourage community use of the facilities
- complete your project by the end of the following financial year (30 June 2020)
- have the application approved by the school's principal.
How to apply
Read the grant guidelines before preparing your application and find out how you can apply online.
Acquittal reports for successful applicants
Advice on how to access the online acquittal form will be emailed to the grant applicant after payment has been made.
You will not be eligible to apply for grants for two years if you do not submit a grant funding acquittal.
For more information, and before you start your application, it is recommended that you phone Council on 07 3403 8888 or 07 3407 0000 and ask to speak to a Sport and Recreation Officer.
You can also contact Council via: