School Sport and Recreation Facility Upgrade Program budget tips
A budget is required to support your application for a School Sport and Recreation Facility Upgrade Program grant. You can read budget tips and review the budget table example on this page, to assist you with developing your budget.
- Make sure your total project income equals your total expenditure.
- Volunteer staff can be costed from $35 per hour for non-skilled labour and at relevant rates for professionals.
- Provide three recent quotes (a minimum of two recent quotes is required).
- Ensure you are familiar with the guidelines, in particular what is eligible for funding.
Please note that for the purpose of assessment:
- All budget figures provided must be GST exclusive, i.e. deduct GST from quotes and invoices.
- As a School registered for GST, 10% GST will be added to your grant as an itemised GST gross-up.
An example budget table for the School Sport and Recreation Facility Upgrade Program grant is below:
|Income (source of funding)||Amount (ex GST)||Project expenditure (description of work and name of supplier)||Amount (ex GST)|
|Brisbane City Council School Sport and Recreation Facility Upgrade Program grant||$1.00||Excavations company||$1.00|
|School's financial contribution to the project (this must be at least 20% of the total project costs||$1.00||Building company||$1.00|
|School's in-kind contribution to the project||$1.00||Paving suppliers||$1.00|
|School's contribution of time by paid staff and volunteers||$1.00||Lighting||$1.00|
|State Government grant (approved)||$1.00||Fencing||$1.00|
|State Government grant (pending)||$1.00||Turfing||$1.00|
|Total income||$6.00||Total expenditure||$6.00|
NOTE: Ensure all income and expenditure totals match.