Brisbane City Council offers creative individuals and businesses the opportunity to be involved in the city's vibrant events. Whether your role in creative events is small or large, you are invited to register your interest to receive information about creative work opportunities around Brisbane with our Creative Register.
We are looking for people who:
- develop innovative methods of working with people and groups in communities
- create high-quality end products
- collaborate with professionals
- identify the creativity and value in others
- reach all members of the community.
Council is interested in communicating with a diverse range of creative workers including:
- people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds
- people of various ages from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- creative workers with disabilities
- artists working with a variety of arts media and products.
When opportunities arise, Council's Creative Communities Team may contact registered creative workers to:
- provide information about future creative projects, events, grants and workshops
- encourage expression of interest applications from suitably qualified persons for creative projects
Join Council's Creative Register
Council encourages local, experienced creative workers to participate in Brisbane's arts and cultural events.
To register your interest in working with Council's Creative Communities Team, complete the relevant online application:
- Artist and/or Performer
Register as an individual artist, group or collective of artists, or a creative organisation specialising in specific art genres including music, street performance and entertainment, multicultural activities, photography, visual arts and agent services. Be ready to upload your Curriculum Vitae (with details of relevant experience).
- Producer and/or Event Manager
Register as a creative professional who specialises in producing or event managing. Be ready to upload your Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency (minimum $10 million) if you have one and your Curriculum Vitae (with details of relevant experience).
- Food Vendor
Register as an established food vendor who delivers mobile services at a range of events and activities. Be ready to upload your Food Licence if you have one, a photo of your vehicle/stall, and Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency (minimum of $10 million).
If you need more information about the Creative Register, or to update your contact details after you have submitted your online application, email Council's Creative Communities Team.