A City for Everyone: Draft Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029
Our vision is for a city where everyone feels they belong. To achieve this vision, Council released A City for Everyone: Draft Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 for community feedback.
Formal consultation has now closed. Thank you to everyone who has provided their feedback. Council will collate all feedback and consider how the plan can be improved in consultation with key community stakeholders. A summary of community feedback will be provided in the final plan, which will be released in late 2019.
Access and inclusion in Brisbane
In 2012, Council launched its first access and inclusion plan, Brisbane Access and Inclusion Plan 2012-2017 and Seniors' Strategy 2012-2017: Delivering a seniors-friendly city, which improved the quality of life of many residents.
Since 2012, Council has invested more than $200 million in implementing these plans and has delivered:
- wheelchair and pram accessible CityCats and buses
- funding for 127 community programs
- seven accessible aqua play facilities
- wheelchair and pram accessible community halls
- 40 all-abilities playgrounds
- more than 250,000 trips in Council Cabs
- weekly English conversation groups in libraries
- funding for more than 250 multicultural festivals.
Together we have achieved a lot, but there is more to do.
About the draft plan
The draft plan builds on Council's past achievements. It focuses on the issues highlighted by residents, community groups and service providers that remain a priority.
The draft plan proposes 67 possible actions under five themes. These actions aim to make Brisbane an easier city for everyone to connect, work, live, enjoy and engage with.
Council has developed several different formats of the draft plan to ensure the document is accessible for all residents:
- A City for Everyone: Draft Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 (Word - 281kb)
- A City for Everyone: Draft Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 (Online).
You can order the plan in print, large-font (18 pt font), Braille or audio on USB. To order your copy, complete an online form or phone Council on 07 3403 8888.
The draft plan is available as an Australian Sign Language (Auslan) video. Watch the video below. You can also view this video on Council's YouTube channel.
Listen to the audio-only full draft plan below. You can also hear the recording on Council's YouTube channel.
Download a summary of the draft plan in your preferred format:
- A City for Everyone: Draft Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 Summary for public consultation (PDF - 2Mb)
- A City for Everyone: Draft Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 Summary for public consultation (Word - 156kb).
You can also read the plan summary in:
For more information about the A City for Everyone: Draft Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029, you can: