Homeless Connect events provide the following:
- volunteer medical and allied health care professionals including doctors, dentists, optometrists, podiatrists and massage therapists
- housing support
- haircuts by volunteer barbers and hairdressers
- immunisation delivered by Council's immunisation team
- personal grooming items such as towels and face washers, toothbrushes and toothpaste, shampoo and deodorant
- clothing for adults, children and babies, including shoes
19th Homeless Connect event
Council's 19th Homeless Connect event was held on Wednesday 28 June 2017.
|Guests||More than 670|
|Volunteers||More than 600|
|Meals||More than 1700|
|Health checks||More than 350 health checks by medical and allied health care professionals|
|Service providers||More than 4000 visits to 55 service providers|
|Donations||17 pallets of food and toiletries, 29 pallets of clothes and 5 pallets of shoes|
The next Homeless Connect event will be held from 9am to 2pm on Thursday 23 November 2017 at the Brisbane Racing Club, Doomben Racecourse (Hampden Street, Ascot).
You can register your interest to volunteer for this event by visiting the Volunteering Queensland website.
A donation drive will begin on Monday 16 October 2017 and will close on Friday 17 November 2017.
You can donate at the following locations:
Homeless Connect videos
Watch interviews and testimonials from previous Homeless Connect events.
You can also hear from the Lord Mayor Graham Quirk about his experience with Homeless Connect.
You can watch this video and other videos on Council's YouTube channel.