Homeless Connect events provide the following:
- volunteer medical and allied health care professionals including doctors, dentists, optometrists, podiatrists and massage therapists
- housing support
- haircuts by volunteer barbers and hairdressers
- immunisation delivered by Council's immunisation team
- personal grooming items such as towels and face washers, toothbrushes and toothpaste, shampoo and deodorant
- clothing for adults, children and babies, including shoes
- non-perishable food items.
20th Homeless Connect event
Council's 20th Homeless Connect event was held on Thursday 23 November 2017.
|Guests||More than 580|
|Volunteers||More than 640|
|Meals||More than 1300|
|Health checks||More than 460 health checks by medical and allied health care professionals|
|Service providers||More than 3000 visits to 51 service providers|
|Donations||14 pallets of food and toiletries, 17 pallets of clothes and 3 pallets of shoes|
The date for the next Homeless Connect event will be confirmed in the coming months.
You can register your interest to volunteer for this event by visiting the Volunteering Queensland website.
Homeless Connect videos
Watch interviews and testimonials from previous Homeless Connect events.
You can also hear from the Lord Mayor Graham Quirk about his experience with Homeless Connect.
You can watch this video and other videos on Council's YouTube channel.