Homeless Connect events provide the following:
- volunteer medical and allied health care professionals including doctors, dentists, optometrists, podiatrists and massage therapists
- housing support
- haircuts by volunteer barbers and hairdressers
- immunisation delivered by Council's immunisation team
- personal grooming items such as towels and face washers, toothbrushes and toothpaste, shampoo and deodorant
- clothes for adults, children and babies, including shoes
18th Homeless Connect event
Council's 18th Homeless Connect event was held on Wednesday 18 May 2016.
|Guests||More than 680|
|Volunteers||More than 500|
|Health checks||More than 600 health checks by medical and allied health care professionals|
|Service providers||More than 2500 visits to 53 service providers|
|Donations||13 pallets of food and toiletries, 28 pallets of clothes and 9 pallets of shoes|
The next event will be held on Wednesday 28 June 2017.
A donation drive will begin on Monday 24 April 2017 and will close on Friday 2 June 2017.
You can donate at the following locations:
- Council libraries – toiletries
- Local ward offices – non-perishable food goods.
Homeless Connect videos
Watch interviews and testimonials from previous Homeless Connect events.
You can also hear from the Lord Mayor Graham Quirk about his experience with Homeless Connect.
You can watch this video and other videos on Council's YouTube channel.