Excursions and classroom activities
Teachers can use these resources to develop educational activities or organise school excursions for their students.
- Lessons in the Gardens (Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha) - school visits are based on one of 22 outdoor education programs.
- Environmental Learning Program - these lessons can be held at one of Council's environment centres or in your school, and include a variety of topics including ecosystems, waterway health, conservation and indigeneous culture and history.
- Planetarium school visits - students will see the Cosmic Skydome show, learn from the Display Zone, complete work sheets and have queries answered during question and answer time.
- Towards Zero Waste Education Centre - Brisbane schools and community groups are invited to the Rochdale Landfill site to learn about recycling, moving towards zero waste, waste minimisation practices, and landfill operations.
- Museum of Brisbane (MoB) - student groups can explore exhibitions or undertake a focussed study on a single theme or exhibition. Each month, teachers can also link up with other educators to explore learning concepts and classroom activities related to MoB's exhibition program.
- Queensland's Outback Education Subsidy Scheme - Tourism and Events Queensland offer assistance to help students attend school camps in outback Queensland.
- Queensland Maritime Museum - contact the Maritime Museum at South Bank for school group visit information.
- Queensland Museum South Bank - find information about the programs for schools, displays and exhibitions and how to plan your school's visit to the museum.
- My Resilient Schools program - Council officers and SES volunteers come to your primary school to provide information to grade five and six students about natural hazards that are possible in the Brisbane area and strategies for preventing and responding to these hazards.
- Rethink your Rubbish program - Council officers come to your kindy or school to provide an interactive and entertaining presentation on waste and resource management.
- Active School Travel program - download worksheets and find links to information to help your students think about actively travelling to and from school.
- Waterwise School Resource bank - find links to school Waterwise programs and activities.
- Queensland Transport and Main Roads - education and resources - road safety education resources.
- webmath.com - online maths activities.
Council is committed to working with teachers and students to provide resources and opportunities including: