Council activities and events for seniors
Brisbane City Council offers seniors a wide variety of activities through specialised programs and events.
Find out about:
- Seniors Week 2018 - Saturday 18 August until Sunday 26 August
- Grandparents Day 2018 - Saturday 28 October 2018
- Lord Mayor's Seniors Christmas Parties - Monday 3 - Friday 7 December
- Growing Older and Living Dangerously (GOLD)
- Gold ’n’ Kids for kids and their grandparents
- 50 Plus Centre open to South East Queensland residents who are seniors or pensioners
- internet classes at Council libraries
View all seniors' events in our What's On Seniors' Events calendar.
Council also offers programs with activities and events for all ages including:
- Active Parks
- Heart Foundation Walking
- Library events - filter by 'age range' for 'seniors only' events
Seniors clubs and groups can apply for Seniors Celebration Donation funding to help to cover the cost of activities such as social outings and Christmas parties.