Creative Sparks Program
The Creative Sparks Program is a joint initiative of Brisbane City Council and Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.
The grant program aims to:
- invest in creative projects within a community context which deliver artistic, cultural, social and economic returns
- support artists, artsworkers and producers in the development of new work and extension of their creative practice
- foster creative entrepreneurial and commercial approaches and invest in new partnerships between the arts, community and business.
Applications are now closed
Applications for the 2016-17 Creative Sparks Program are now closed.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by March 2017.
Funding amounts of up to $20,000 per application are available.
An applicant should:
- be an incorporated not-for-profit organisation or individual professional artist, artsworker, cultural worker or producer residing in the Brisbane Local Government Area (LGA)
- be a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
An unincorporated not-for-profit organisation may also apply, under the auspices of an incorporated not-for-profit organisation able to accept legal and financial responsibility for the applicant’s project.
Auspice organisations must be based in the Brisbane LGA and are limited to supporting a maximum of two applications per round.
Applicants must operate within the Brisbane LGA.
Applicants must not have any overdue Council grant acquittals or outstanding debts with Council.
Acquittal reports for successful applicants
If your application is successful, you will be required to complete an online acquittal form within 12 months of grant approval notification.
Grant recipients with overdue acquittal reports are not eligible to apply for other Council grants.
If you believe your community group may have an outstanding report from a previous grant funded project, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the Grants Unit for advice.
For more information phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with the Creative Development Officer or the Grants Unit. Alternatively you can read the grant guidelines for the latest round.