Building Stronger Communities Grants Program budget tips
A budget is required to support your application for a Building Stronger Communities grant. You can read budget tips and review the budget table example on this page, to assist you with developing your budget.
- Make sure your total project income equals your total expenditure.
- Volunteer staff can be costed from $35 per hour for non-skilled labour and at relevant rates for professionals.
- Provide a minimum of two recent quotes for all items detailed in the budget.
- All quotes should be itemised and detail the full scope of works.
- Ensure you are familiar with the program guidelines, in particular, what is eligible for funding.
- If you include 'in-kind' contribution in the budget, you must provide a clear breakdown of how this has been calculated and all relevant details for each item.
Please note that for the purpose of assessment:
- All budget figures must be GST exclusive i.e. deduct GST from quotes and invoices.
- If your organisation is not GST registered the 10% GST will be added to your grant prior to assessment, but will not be itemised as GST.
- If your organisation is GST registered 10% GST will be added to your grant as an itemised GST gross-up.
An example budget table for the Building Stronger Communities Grant Program is below:
|Income (source of funding)||Amount (ex GST)||Project expenditure (description of work and name of supplier)||Amount (ex GST)|
|Brisbane City Council Building Stronger Communities Grant Program||$100,000.00||Field works by <company name>||$65,000.00|
|Organisation's financial contribution to the project||$20,000.00||Irrigation system and installation||$50,000.00|
|Organisation's 'in-kind' contribution to the project||$15,000.00||Rain tanks||$15,000.00|
|Other grants e.g. State Government Grant (approved)||$25,000.00||Pump system||$20,000.00|
Development Assessment and Building Approval costs (if applicable)
|TOTAL INCOME||$160,000.00||TOTAL EXPENDITURE||$160,000.00|
NOTE: Ensure all income and expenditure totals match.