School Sport and Recreation Facility Upgrade Program
The School Sport and Recreation Facility Upgrade Program is funded by Brisbane City Council and the Department of Education and Training. It provides financial assistance to Brisbane state schools to fund the upgrade of existing school sport and recreation facilities to increase community and school use.
Funding amounts range from $5000 to $30,000.
Funding round dates
The School Sport and Recreation Facility Upgrade Program runs yearly.
Applications for this grant are now closed.
Applicants for the 2016-17 round will be notified of the outcome of their application in late June 2017.
Applications for the 2017-18 round will open on Monday, 29 January 2018.
To be eligible for the funding, the school must:
- be a state school within the Brisbane City Council local authority area
- have existing sport and recreation facilities that are in need of upgrade
- contribute 20% of funding required for the facility upgrade
- sign a Community Use Agreement to encourage community use of the facilities
- complete your project by the end of the following financial year (30 June 2018)
- have the application approved by the school's principal.
Acquittal reports for successful applicants
Advice on how to access the online acquittal form will be emailed to the grant applicant after payment has been made.
You will not be eligible to apply for grants for two years if you do not submit a grant funding acquittal.
For more information, you can read the grant guidelines from the previous round.