Catering and reception facilities
Brisbane City Council offers catering and reception services at Pinnaroo, Mount Gravatt and Hemmant Cemeteries and Crematoria. We provide a peaceful environment for family and friends to have a cup of tea or coffee and a selection of food after a funeral service.
Each facility has an indoor and outdoor area for guests with a caterer on site.
The refreshments room at:
- Pinnaroo can comfortably accommodate up to 120 guests
- Mount Gravatt can comfortably accommodate up to 120 guests
- Hemmant is relatively small and is recommended for smaller groups up to approximately 70 guests. Indoors can accommodate up to 50 guests with an additional 20 to 25 in the outdoor undercover area.
Council contracts an external caterer who offers set menus. It is strongly recommended that you choose a menu appropriate for the time of day of the service:
- morning tea
- lunch (light lunch or buffet lunch)
- afternoon tea
The caterer is on site during the service and additional food (biscuits and beverages) will be provided if more guests arrive than was estimated and customers will be billed accordingly. The caterer may be able to provide more substantial food if requested.
Some restrictions apply:
- only food provided by the caterer is permitted on the premises
- our facilities are not licensed so alcohol is prohibited.
Find out about: