Our well-designed, subtropical city - Youth Strategy 2014-2019
Brisbane City Council wants all young people to experience Brisbane as a subtropical city with effective growth management and a well-designed and responsive built environment.
Our well-designed, subtropical city is one of eight themes in the Youth Strategy 2014-2019: Delivering a youth-friendly city.
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
Some documents on this page need Microsoft Word or Microsoft Word Viewer installed on your computer to view or print them.
Key facts and findings
The following trends and issues affect Brisbane young people:
- young people are keen to be involved in shaping Brisbane
- young people are frequent users of public space
Our well-designed, subtropical Brisbane strategies for young people
As a Council, we want young people in Brisbane to:
- design streetscapes, energy-efficient buildings and suburbs that everyone enjoys based on good design and understanding of our subtropical lifestyle
- be active participants in innovative planning and design for our growing population
To achieve these outcomes, our well-designed and subtropical Brisbane strategies for young people over the next five years include:
- provide opportunities for young people to contribute to innovative subtropical design and sustainable planning initiatives
- foster a new generation of young designers and planners
Download the 'well-designed, subtropical city' section of the Youth Strategy 2014-2019: Delivering a youth-friendly city to read more about:
- young person profile: Amy Saunders, Vibrant Places
- key findings: trends and issues affecting young people in Brisbane
- Council's strategies - where we want to be and how we are going to get there
- ongoing Council programs
- extensions to Council programs
- new initiatives
If you would like to read about the other themes, download the full Youth Strategy 2014-2019 (PDF - 5Mb).