Housing Support Program
Brisbane City Council's Housing Support Program provides funding to community organisations for projects or services that respond to the housing and social needs of homeless people, or those living in social housing.
This grant program has been made possible through financial contributions made by Mirvac to support responses to affordable housing provision and tenants living in affordable housing.
The Housing Support Program aims to:
- enhance support services offered to homeless people and people living in social housing, including support to sustain tenancies. This includes services which focus on empowerment, life skills, employability and opportunities for social inclusion
- provide resources and equipment for projects and programs that meet the needs of homeless people and people living in social housing
- provide packages to support individuals transitioning into social and affordable housing
Funding amounts range from $2,000 to $10,000.
Funding is available to develop and improve programs and facilities for homeless people and those in social housing within the inner north of Brisbane including:
- Bowen Hills
- Fortitude Valley
- New Farm
- Spring Hill
Funding round dates
Applications for this grant are now closed.
Applicants for the 2015-16 round will be notified of the outcome of their application by mid-May 2016.
Acquittal reports for successful applicants
Advice on how to access the online acquittal form will be emailed to the grant applicant after payment has been made. Acquittals must be completed within 12 months of the grant approval notification letter.
Within 12 months of grant approval notification, or within one month of project completion (whichever is sooner), grant funding must be acquitted.
You will not be eligible to apply for grants for two years if you do not submit the following:
- Your Statement of Income and Expenditure signed by your Treasurer.
- Copies of all related invoices and receipts, or suitable evidence to support the grant expenditure.
Acquittals are able to be submitted online and you will receive an email to advise you how to access the online acquittal form.
For more information about this grant, and before you commence an application, please phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with the Community Development Coordinator (Central). Alternatively, you can read the grant guidelines for the previous round.