LED Street Lights Trial
The LED Street Lights Trial is a joint initiative of Brisbane City Council and Energex, and will help determine which types of LED are most suitable for street lighting. Moving to LED street lights will help make our city more energy efficient by reducing street light energy consumption by up to 60 percent.
The trial will go for up to two years and test 10 different types of LEDs across 17 streets. LEDs installed throughout the trial will be monitored by Council employees and Energex representatives on a quarterly basis and residents will be asked to provide feedback at different stages of the trial to help with the LED evaluations.
Streets in the trial
The following streets are a part of the LED Street Lights Trial:
- Brisbane Street, St Lucia
- Cricket Street, Petrie Terrace
- Drake Street, West End
- Dutton Street, Hawthorne
- Emma Street, Holland Park West
- Galleon Street, Jamboree Heights
- Gaynor Road, Banyo
- Hipwood Street, Norman Park
- Howard Street, Brisbane City
- Lilley Road, Bardon
- Macrossan Street, Brisbane City
- Malbon Street, Eight Mile Plains
- Playford Street, Bracken Ridge
- Third Avenue, Sandgate
- Union Street, Clayfield
- Weekes Road, Carindale
- Weenga Street, Geebung.
The trial will go for up to two years, starting in September 2016.
The trial will help determine which types of LED lights are most suitable for street lighting. Moving to LED lights will help to make our streets more energy efficient by reducing street light energy consumption and improve night time visibility for pedestrians and local residents.
For more information on the LED Street Lights Trial:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team: LEDStreetLights@brisbane.qld.gov.au
- write to:
Asset Management Branch
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001