Larger or additional recycling bin
By recycling your cardboard, glass, firm plastics and metal, it can be easy to find yourself with a full recycling bin each fortnight. Make recycling easier by ordering a larger or second recycling bin for your home.
For a one-off establishment fee of $30 you can order:
- a larger 340 litre recycling bin to replace your standard 240 litre recycling bin
- a larger 340 litre recycling bin and keep your standard 240 litre recycling bin
- an additional standard 240 litre recycling bin.
Larger recycling bins
The larger recycling bins:
- aim to increase recycling and reduce waste sent to landfill
- are ideal for households of more than three people or for residents who find their recycling bin overflows every collection day
- have been ergonomically designed for easy use
- are 1100 millimetres high, 680 millimetres wide and 870 millimetres deep
- provide residents with the capacity to recycle an additional 100 litres of material
Ordering a larger or additional recycling bin
Before you order a larger or additional recycling bin, make sure you can store the bin and have enough space on the kerbside to put the bin out for collection.
You can start using the bin as soon as it is delivered.
Tenants and renters
Tenants and renters will need the ratepayer of the property to approve the service and order the bin on your behalf.
You will need your rate account number to order online. Order your larger or additional recycling bin online now.
Body corporates must approve and order the larger recycling bin on behalf of unit property owners or tenants. Body corporates can order larger recycling bins or additional recycling bins online now.
Unit and apartment blocks can request larger 340 litre or bulk recycling bins. Approval is subject to a Brisbane City Council site inspection, and will be based on availability of storage and kerb presentation space, and sufficient accessibility for service vehicles if required.
Body corporates must approve and order the larger recycling bins on behalf of unit property owners or tenants. Body corporates can order larger recycling bins or additional recycling bins online now.
Cost and billing
To order a larger 340 litre bin or additional standard recycling bin there is a single establishment fee of $30. The establishment fee will be billed on your rate account after Council delivers the bin to your property. No added quarterly charges are incurred by ordering a larger or additional standard recycling bin for your home.
Recycling bin delivery
If you have ordered a larger recycling bin to replace your standard recycling bin and have chosen not to keep your existing recycling bin, you need to place the standard recycling bin (whether it is full or not) on the kerbside immediately. The bin should be left on the kerbside until it has been replaced.
Your bin will be delivered as soon as possible.