Council collects 730,000 waste, recycling and green waste bins each week.
Council has a range of trucks that service Brisbane’s streets. Benefits of the new fleet include that they are:
- are less likely to strike trees and overhanging wires, such as telephone wires and power cables
- reduce the height of the lift arm, which lessens the chance of hitting objects
- minimum of eight back to base monitoring cameras to improve visibility, safety and collection efficiency
- can be easily substituted for an alternate service which helps if there are breakdowns
- improve drivers’ awareness of their surroundings, through additional cameras and improved reversing sensors
- have improved cabin ergonomics and systems
- provide Council with real time information of the vehicle’s location and the services completed
- improve serviceability of the trucks
The trucks are designed and manufactured to the Euro 5 and 6 emissions standard.