Tip Shop Art Competition 2013
Lord Mayor Graham Quirk announced the winner of Council’s 2013 Tip Shop Art Competition on 4 July at Brisbane Square Library. He recognised the quality of artworks and commented on the role of creativity in the competition, which helped Council support its goals for a cleaner, greener, vibrant and creative city.
Collaborating artists Bec Peart and Martin Pedder were awarded the $1000 first prize for their artwork, Junkalina and the Clockingbird, after receiving the most public votes through Council’s Facebook page, Brisbane Square Library and Geebung and Acacia Ridge tips shops.
Artist KT Doyle was voted to second place for JEANBAG, and Peter Fegan was voted to third place for his artwork, Don’t go out in the woods today, which is an armchair covered in recycled stuffed toys.
Exhibiting artists and artworks
You can read about each artist and their artwork, or find your favourite from the list:
- Bec Peart and Martin Pedder with Junkalina and the Clockingbird
- Centre of Creative Arts, Eight Mile Plains with Plastic Lights
- Deb Magee with Elemental Bar
- Fatima Schelfisch with The Post-Development Prophet Table
- Hiroshi Uchida with mymemorycoorparoodreamhomeyou
- June Haewon with Same Again
- Karl de Waal with The Camping Trip
- KT Doyle with JEANBAG
- Marge Coogan and Laurel Glegg with Tip Shop Couture
- Matthew Powell with Doorning Table and Chairs
- Narelle Carter and Kate Markey with Inner New Light
- Peter Fegan with Don't go out in the woods today
- Sally McRae with Greetings from Geebung Tip Shop
- Sandra Robertson with Here comes the Bride!
- Sharon Lee with Placing light on waste
- Skubi Testa with COLANDER LAMP #3
- Stephanie Morris with Art Gorilla
- Tiana Pebre with Eloise
View the Tip Shop Art Competition photo gallery as a slideshow or view the photos individually to find out more about the artists and their artworks as part of Council's Flickr account.
For more information about the Tip Shop Art Competition 2013, send an email to the Tip Shop Art team.
Find more information about the 2012 competition winners and view the winning artwork.