Planetarium programs for schools
A visit to the Planetarium is a very effective way for students to learn about the Universe. The facility consists of both the Cosmic Skydome and extensive astronomy and space exploration displays in the Display Zone.
Our astronomers provide services to help teach a broad range of astronomy topics.
The Planetarium's flexible school programs assist in covering the Australian Curriculum, including the motions of the day/night sky and the Solar System, and more.
While visiting the Planetarium your students can:
- complete activity sheets (Year 4 and up) while looking for answers in the Display Zone
- learn curriculum-appropriate content during the Cosmic Skydome show
- have queries answered during question and answer time in the Cosmic Skydome.
Cosmic Skydome show
The highlight of any visit to the Planetarium is a show in the Cosmic Skydome, which is one of the most advanced in the southern hemisphere.
Students will be immersed in an educational and entertaining experience. The Planetarium’s astronomers will include curriculum and age relevant elements about the night sky, our Solar System, our galaxy and beyond.
|Tuesday to Friday||10.30am, 12 noon, 1.30pm|
Bookings are essential. Contact the Planetarium to organise your school group visit or to enquire about a specific program request.
An admission fee of $8.80 per student applies (when in a group of 10+ students), subject to change. One supervisor for each ten students will be admitted free of charge or one supervisor per five students for Prep to Year 3.
Contact the Brisbane Transport Charter Office on 07 3178 5110 for bus hire rates.
You can download and print activity sheets at school to use at the Planetarium for students in Years 4 to 12. These can be completed in the Display Zone, before the Cosmic Skydome show. Activity sheets include one set of questions for the foyer and another set for the gallery. Answers can be provided to teachers at the time of the visit.
- activity sheets for years 4-5 (Word - 132kb)
- activity sheets for years 6-7 (Word - 120kb)
- activity sheets for year 8 (Word - 120kb)
- activity sheets for year 9 (Word - 123kb)
- activity sheets for year 10 (Word - 123kb)
- activity sheets for years 11-12 (Word - 122kb).
A great range of education resources are also available in the Galaxy Gift shop.