Environmental education for students
The Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha offers 21 hands-on outdoor learning opportunities for primary and senior school groups. Our lessons include Education Queensland and National Curricula and have been designed to suit specific prep, primary and secondary levels. Lessons address topics such as:
- health and PE
- Indigenous history and culture
- senior biology
View the complete Lessons in the Gardens program.
The program is offered Tuesday to Friday with session times of 9.30am, 11.30am and 1.30pm. Primary school lessons are 1.5 hours in duration and senior school lessons are 2 hours in duration.
- $7.05 per student for classes of 20 to 30 (maximum of 30 students)
- a minimum charge of $141 (includes GST) for a class of 20 students or less
- teachers and parents are free
Select a suitable lesson, time and date for your class and then phone the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha on 07 3403 2535 to make your booking. Have the date, preferred times, number of students and adults, school address, telephone and fax number handy.
The Gardens' Education staff:
- will help you organise your excursion
- will send you confirmation forms and teacher information kits. Read this information carefully and determine if any sheets need to be photocopied and handed out on the day
- provide information packs with advice on planning your trip, including ideas for pre and post-visit activities
- contact you before your excursion to discuss any special requirements and to confirm a meeting place
We can also cater for multiple groups or students with special needs. Contact us to let us know how we can help to accommodate you..
A tax invoice will be mailed to your school after your visit reflecting the number of students who attended the excursion.
Environmental Learning Program
Council's also runs the Environmental Learning Program at the Downfall Creek Bushland Centre and the Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre. These lessons cover a variety of topics including:
- biodiversity and ecosystems
- waterway health and catchments
- conservation and reserve management
- history and indigenous culture.
Find out more about the Environmental Learning Program, including the lesson details and costs.
For bookings and/or more information, you can contact the Brisbane Botanic Gardens:
- by phone on 07 3403 2535
- by fax on 07 3403 2552
- by email
- in person at:
Brisbane Botanic Gardens
Mt Coot-tha Road
Toowong Qld 4066