Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha Auditorium hire charges and terms and conditions
This page includes information on hire charges and terms and conditions for the Auditorium at Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha.
Hire charges for the 2018-19 financial year
All prices quoted include GST.
|Half day or evening hire||$148.90|
|Full day hire||$212.80|
|Multiple day hire||$170.90|
Hire terms and conditions
The hiring party must adhere to our following terms and conditions. Failure to do so may lead to automatic cancellation of subsequent bookings and our refusal to accept any further bookings.
If you have any queries or problems during the booked period, phone the Gardens overtime staff on 0439 775 644 or the Parks Duty Officer on 07 3403 8888.
NOTE - take special note of highlighted clauses 2, 4, 5, 7, 9 and 18.
The Auditorium key will be available from the reception desk at the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha on the day before your booking (office hours: Monday to Friday from 8am-4pm). A key bond of $50 is payable by cash at the time of collection. This bond will be refunded when the key is returned. The key must be returned no later than 10am on the next business day after completion of your booking. Failure to return the key by this time, or loss of the key, will result in forfeiture of your key bond. The Auditorium office hours must be strictly adhered to.
All booking times will be advised to Council's security provider. Entering the venue before, or failure to leave the venue by the agreed booking time will result in additional fees being charged.
- The minimum hire period is for four hours (half day or evening hire).
- Evening closing time is at 10.30pm exactly.
- The following hiring times must be adhered to. The Auditorium must be cleaned and vacated by the finishing time.
Full day - 8am-5pm
Half day - 8am-12pm (morning) or 1-5pm (afternoon)
Evening hire - 6-10.30pm
Multiple day - 8am-5pm (NOTE: end time)
- All functions must end within the 'paid for' period. Any time past the booked period will result in additional charges being incurred. NOTE - this includes multiple day hire. If you wish to use the Auditorium outside 8am-5pm, an additional half day hire fee will be charged.
- Setting up and clearing of displays, seating, audiovisual equipment and hire equipment must be done within the 'paid for' hire period by the hirers.
- Cancellation of weekday and weekend bookings will only be accepted six months prior to the event. Any cancellations after this time will result in the hiring party still being charged for the entire booking period. Refusal to pay booking fees will lead to an automatic cancellation of subsequent bookings.
- Council will not allow the hire of the Auditorium for the sale and display of fire ant carriers which may include (but not limited to) potted plants, soil, potting mix or mulch, where such products originate from a fire ant biosecurity zone, unless the society or hirer can demonstrate they have met the conditions of the Biosecurity Act 2014 for moving a fire ant carrier, or have been issued with a biosecurity instrument permit (BIP). For more information, visit www.daf.qld.gov.au/fireants.
- Setting out of chairs and tables and removing them afterward to the storage area is the responsibility of the hiring party and must comply with Workplace Health & Safety Regulations. Staff assistance with a function and cleaning up of equipment afterward (other than for security reasons) will be charged at relevant rates. For emergencies and further information, contact the Senior Administration Officer during business hours on 07 3403 2535.
- The Auditorium, including all surfaces, floors and kitchen, must be left in a clean and tidy condition, and all rubbish generated by the function must be removed from the Auditorium and deposited in the rubbish bins provided. Any boxes, packaging materials, or similar items must be removed from the site by the hiring party and must not be placed in Council bins. If the dishwasher is used, it must be unpacked prior to leaving the Auditorium.
- The use of nails, screws, blue-tac, sticky tape, or any other fastener to walls, ceilings, floors, fences, pergola and light fittings is not permitted. Any damage to the Auditorium and surrounds (including pergola and fences) will be charged for.
- Certain fittings such as the PA system, air conditioning units and dividing doors, much only be operated by Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha staff.
- The toilets situated in the corridor of the Auditorium (door opening onto the paved pond area) are for both public use and Auditorium patrons' use. At no stage are the doors onto the paved pond area to be locked or blocked, inhibiting the use of the toilets by the public. This entrance is a fire ext and must remain clear and unblocked at all times.
- All personal property and display items must be removed at the end of the hire period. Council is not responsible for property left within the Auditorium after the hire period is finished.
- Items that are left in the Auditorium are done so at the hirer's own risk. Council is not liable for missing items at any time throughout a function.
- All publicity material (i.e. banners, signs) must only be attached to the posts allocated for this purpose. Attaching publicity material to any non-allocated surfaces is not permitted. Council reserves the right to remove any unapproved signage. Discuss your signage requirements with the Operations Coordinator by phoning 07 3403 2546.
- The hiring party is responsible/liable for any accident or injury caused by actions of the hirer during the hire period. Public liability cover to the value of $20,000,000 is the responsibility of the hirer.
- Council will not lean or hire any equipment (i.e. ladders, ropes, tools, extension cords, audiovisual equipment and power boards), other than cleaning equipment, standard tables and chairs.
- PARKING: Vehicles must park in the public carpark. Loading zones and grassed areas must be kept clear for vehicles delivering and collecting goods only. The entrance to the Maintenance Depot must be kept clear at all times. Disabled parking zones are to be used only by vehicles with the official permit displayed clearly. Parking must not occur in front or on 'no standing' areas. Private vehicles are not permitted with the Gardens Maintenance Depot area, other than to deliver goods to the rear of the Auditorium. Parking within this area is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this clause may result in cancellation of all future Auditorium bookings.
- The shade cover area in front of the Education Centre is not part of the designated area under the Auditorium Hire Agreement, as this area is used by the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha education staff. Authorised use of this area is permitted on weekends by prior agreement with management and only if not needed for education activities, providing that Workplace Health & Safety Regulations are adhered at all times.
- Bookings for the Auditorium will not be available more than twelve months in advance, and preferred dates for booking must be in writing. The earliest date for forward booking with be the January of the preceding year.
- In the event of preferred dates being unavailable, it may be possible for relevant hiring parties to come a mutually acceptable agreement, however the booking office will not negotiated between hiring parties.
- The Botanic Gardens Management does not see fees & charges. They are controlled by the requirements of the Brisbane City Council Act and may vary each financial year.
- The Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011 must be adhered to at all times.