City Botanic Gardens improvement works - Brisbane City
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that improvement works in the City Botanic Gardens in Brisbane City have started and is expected to be complete by late 2018.
|Address||City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane City|
|Project outcomes||This project aims to improve operation, amenity and connectivity through the gardens and to the Brisbane River for a variety of park visitors.|
|Latest update||Start of construction|
About the project
The City Botanic Gardens Improvement Works form part of a staged delivery of the City Botanic Gardens Master Plan, developed in 2015, which identifies ways to best showcase the garden’s heritage values and protect them for future generations. This project aims to improve operation, amenity and connectivity of the Gardens, to ensure they remain a place of sanctuary in the heart of Brisbane City.
The initial improvement works include:
- wayfinding signage installed at the five main entries to the Gardens
- upgrading the water reticulation system throughout the Gardens
- raising and refurbishing the existing Bandstand Pavilion and constructing a new floor that is level with Bunya Walk
- installing three new boardwalks within the Rainforest
- improving the existing asphalt path within the Rainforest.
All work will be carried out in accordance with the relevant environmental guidelines and Council will make every effort to minimise environmental impacts during construction in this iconic Brisbane park.
The improvements works form part of the City Botanic Gardens Master Plan 2015, and will ensure the gardens remain an enjoyable and well-managed park and is:
- a place of many experiences
- a place of knowledge and history
- a connected and accessible place
- a place of sanctuary and enlightenment
- a place with a global reputation.
Construction started in late May 2018 and is expected to be completed by late 2018, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Construction will generally take place between 6:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday, however some weekend or out of hours works may be required.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience during this time. Every effort will be made to minimise disruption to the local community during this work. Where temporary footpath closures are required, detours will be in place.
Updates on future stages of work will be provided as the projects progress.
If you would like to ask questions or find out more about the City Botanic Gardens improvement works project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 3403 8888
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to:
City Botanic Gardens improvement works project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.