Whites Hill Reserve playground upgrade
The second stage of the new playground in Whites Hill Reserve is now open, with improved access and amenities for people of all abilities.
Brisbane City Council has upgraded the Whites Hill Reserve playground to provide greater access to this facility for people of all abilities. The playground is accessed from Boundary Road, Camp Hill (UBD, Map 181, C9).
This project meets several objectives of the Brisbane Access and Inclusion Plan 2012-2017 including:
- providing facilities that enable people of all ages and abilities to play together in well-maintained and safe environments
- engaging families and groups who will use these facilities in the design of these play experiences.
In addition to meeting these accessibility objectives, renewal of this area has improved drainage and addressed former landfill activities.
Stage 3 works
A third stage of works is planned to commence in April 2015 and be completed mid 2015 (weather permitting and subject to favourable construction conditions). This stage of works will include:
- refurbishment of the rotunda
- installation of play equipment that appeals to different senses (sight, sound and touch)
- development of a mini exploration trail within the playground
- construction of a shelter at the start of the Tallowood Trail
View the 'Whites Hill Reserve playground' album as a slideshow, or view photos in this album individually within Council's Flickr account.