Ferny Grove Aqua Park project
As part of Brisbane City Council’s commitment to creating new lifestyle and leisure opportunities and delivering vibrant, liveable communities, the Ferny Grove Aqua Park, located at Keperra Picnic Grounds, is being constructed for the community to enjoy.
|Address||Keperra Picnic Grounds - Corner Upper Kedron Road and Samford Road|
|Ward||The Gap Ward|
|Project outcome||New accessible aquatic facilities|
Construction commenced July 2018 and is expected to be completed in December 2018.
Find out more about the impacts during construction.
About the project
The Ferny Grove Aqua Park will provide an interactive water play environment that is accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
Key features will include:
- a level splash pad area which provides access for all
- elevated waterplay elements including discharge bucket, small tipping buckets, spray tunnel, water cannons, and overhead spray feature
- 24 ground elements including arch sprays, stream jets, bubblers, misting ground sprayers, and themed sprayers
- an interactive water table that provides wheelchair access as well as toddler play
- tiered seating walls with new shade trees for viewing of waterplay area
- additional picnic facilities with electric BBQ
- reconfigured car parking including additional car park spaces and mini-bus car parks
- accessible pathways to provide access from car park to waterplay, picnic facilities and amenities building.
Additional picnic facilities with electric BBQ, reconfigured car parking, including additional car park spaces and mini-bus car parks, and accessible pathways to provide access from car park to waterplay, picnic facilities and amenities building will also be delivered.
For safety and to facilitate these works, the adjacent car park, playground, BBQ and picnic area will be temporarily closed during the upgrade. However, the toilets will remain open. Safe pedestrian access around the worksite will be maintained at all times.
In order to build the Aqua Park, two trees will need to be removed. A fauna spotter and catcher will be on-site to relocate any fauna prior to tree removals and all works will be carried out in accordance with the relevant environmental guidelines. The tree removals will be offset in accordance with Council’s offset planting policy.
Construction activities will be undertaken from 6.30am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday. Residents will be notified if any out of hours works are required.
Council apologises in advance for any inconvenience and appreciates the community’s patience while we undertakes these works.
Construction is expected to start in late July 2018, with the Aqua Park to be opened in time for summer in December 2018, weather and construction conditions permitting.
If you would like to find out more about the Ferny Grove Aqua Park project, you can:
- phone the project information line on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Ferny Grove Aqua Park project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.