Frew Park (former Milton Tennis Centre site)
Frew Park was completed in 2014 and includes the Roy Emerson Tennis Centre, The Arena play space, Wendy Turnbull Green, picnic areas and more.
Roy Emerson Tennis Centre
Named after one of Brisbane's tennis greats, the Roy Emerson Tennis Centre will include six tennis courts, a rebound court, amenities and seating with a food and beverage outlet to service park visitors.
Tennis Gear Australia will administer the Roy Emerson Tennis Centre. For Centre enquiries and bookings:
- phone 07 3367 8585
- visit the Emerson Tennis website.
'The Arena' playground
The Arena play space has been designed to suit children and young people from 10-15 years of age. It combines architectural and play components to present a play space based on the former tennis court grandstand. Play areas for younger children are incorporated into the ground level of The Arena, along with features to cater for people of all abilities to enjoy play.
Features of The Arena include:
- a large climbing wall
- a large three metre wide, three metre high, slide
- various angled surfaces for climbing
- seating ledges for social interaction
- climbing nets and cages, including a mesh cage eight metres off the ground
- a large, curling, five metre high, slide.
Wendy Turnbull Green
On 3 June 2014, Council named the large open space in Frew Park, Wendy Turnbull Green, after one of Brisbane's great sporting heroines and Queensland Sporting Hall of Fame inductee. Wendy was born and raised in Brisbane and was affectionately known as 'Rabbit' because of her court speed. She enjoyed success on the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) Tour as both a singles and doubles player.
Other Frew Park features
Other Frew Park features include:
- shaded picnic areas and barbecue facilities
- car park with 50 car spaces
- exercise equipment
- interpretive signage and artwork showcasing the site's history.
Frew Park booking site
Frew Park has a designated booking site located off Frew Street.
View photos of Frew Park below. Alternatively, view the photos in the Frew Park album in Council's Flickr account.
You can find out more information about the Frew Park by:
- phoning Council on 07 3403 8888
- phoning The Roy Emerson Tennis Centre on 07 3367 8585 to book tennis courts