Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that stage 1 of the Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade is now complete.
|Address||Toohey Road, Nathan|
|Project outcomes||Upgraded picnic area and visitor car park|
Stage 1 works are complete. Construction of stage 2 will start in late 2018.
About the project
Located 10 kilometres south of Brisbane at 600 Toohey Road in Nathan, Toohey Forest Park spans approximately 260 hectares.
The Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade project aims to improve accessibility and connectivity through Toohey Forest as well as provide enhanced amenity and safety for park visitors.
The upgrade is being delivered in two stages.
Stage 1 works were completed in July 2018 and included:
- reconfiguring the car park to include 33 spaces (increased from 24 spaces), including two spaces for people with disabilities
- widening the entrance at Toohey Road to improve safety for road users and pedestrians
- installing an access path between the Toohey Road entrance and the picnic area
- upgrading existing lighting in the car park to LED lighting
- upgrading the existing picnic area to ensure all-abilities access
- installing new picnic facilities including a new deck with shelters and barbecues
- upgrading a section of the Toohey Ridge Track including resurfacing works.
Council would like to thank residents and park users for their patience while stage 1 works were carried out.
Construction of stage 2 is expected to start in late 2018 and will include installing a new accessible toilet block and CCTV security adjacent to the picnic area and upgrading the two informal lookouts on the Sandstone Circuit track – one to include a dedicated viewing platform and the other to include a picnic setting and shelter.
The Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade is part of Council’s commitment to keeping Brisbane clean, green and sustainable for our children, and their children to follow.
Construction of stage 1 was completed in July 2018.
Construction of stage 2 is expected to start in late 2018. Council will provide further information on stage 2 prior to the start of works.
View the Toohey Forest Track Map.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email email@example.com
- write to:
Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.