Renewing Great Brisbane Gardens project
Both parks will be upgraded and enhanced to be more attractive to users and visitors.
The Renewing Great Brisbane Gardens program demonstrates Brisbane City Council’s commitment to offering world-class lifestyle and leisure opportunities to Brisbane residents and visitors.
Council has a network of more than 2000 parks to keep our city clean, green and sustainable for our children, and their children to follow.
New Farm Park upgrades
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce the end of construction of the New Farm Park rose gardens project – stage 2.
Stage 1 - complete
Approximately 700 roses were planted in current garden beds in August 2017.
The project aimed to further enhance the gardens to ensure New Farm Park remains a great place to enjoy Brisbane’s outdoor lifestyle and leisure opportunities.
Stage 2 works involved:
- extending existing rose garden beds
- constructing new rose garden beds
- planting approximately 2000 new plants
- installing a drip irrigation system into existing and new garden beds
- installing six new arbours and associated landscaping works.
Stage 2 works began in late April 2018 and were complete in August 2018.
Starting in early June, additional stage 2 works aimed to further enhance New Farm Park by bringing the area around the rotunda in line with the heritage values of the site and refurbishing the existing picnic area to maximise its potential use.
These additional works included:
- removal of a garden bed near the rotunda, to bring back in line with the heritage values of the site
- paving and turfing where the garden bed was removed
- relocating four tables within in the existing picnic area
- relocating a pair of bins in the existing picnic area
- installing two long tables under the existing shade sails
- constructing a small seating wall (<500mm high) around the picnic area.
View the project plan:
- New Farm Park Rose Gardens Concept Plan (PDF - 1.31Mb)
- New Farm Park Rose Gardens Concept Plan (Word - 484kb).
Kangaroo Point parklands upgrades
Kangaroo Point Cliffs parklands will be upgraded to maintain its appeal as one of the city’s premier park destinations.
|Stage 1||Free Wi-Fi was rolled out in the Kangaroo Point Cliffs area as part of the program in May 2017|
|Stage 2||Design for park upgrades to start in late 2018, with construction due to be completed in late 2019.|
If you would like to ask questions or find out more about the New Farm Park rose gardens - stage 2 project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside of business hours)
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to:
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.
For more information about The Renewing Great Brisbane Gardens project, phone Council on 07 3403 8888.