Sherwood Arboretum designated booking site
Sherwood Arboretum at Sherwood has a designated site available for bookings for special events of short duration. The designated site is approximately 200 metres from the Brisbane River.
To book this park for a special event, follow these steps:
- Consider the park location and facilities and watch our virtual tour of the booking site. Does the booking site at this park meet your needs? If so, go to Step 2. If not, view our other designated sites.
- Complete the online park booking application form, noting Council's standard booking conditions.
Sherwood Arboretum (previously known as Sherwood Forest Park and John Herbert Memorial Vista Park) is located at 87 Jolimont Street, Sherwood.
View Sherwood Forest Park, Sherwood in a larger map
Sherwood Arboretum includes the following facilities (some of which are shown on the site plan):
- barbecues (electric)
- booking site: Area 1. Capacity - 60 persons. Power available. Free-standing marquees permitted.
- carpark - approximately 20 metres from the booking site
- shelter shed
- toilets (including accessible toilets)
- uncovered picnic table
- wheelchair access.
No vehicle access to the park is permitted. A public car park is available.
There is a single designated site available for bookings in Sherwood Arboretum.
The virtual tour is mouse and keyboard accessible.
Bookings only apply to the designated site you choose in the park and to the use of any facilities in that designated site such as a rotunda or power (if available). You cannot book barbecues, shelters (other than rotundas marked) or playgrounds for your specific use, though your group is free to share these facilities with other park visitors. Power points may have different phases (i.e. operate on different voltages), so it is advisable to check your electronic equipment's compatibility before your event. No vehicle access.
In some parks, as well as the designated site/s, there may be some alternative bookable areas of the park. Please submit an application and you will be contacted regarding the suitability of the park for the event, availability and fees.