Centenary Pool, Spring Hill
Come and experience a little of Brisbane's history in this 1950s Olympic-standard pool and diving pool complex. Find information below on Centenary Pool opening times, fees, pool events and more. The pool remains open over winter, with all facilities available.Centenary Pool offers:
- a learn to swim program in an enclosed heated programs pool
- group fitness classes
- a heated 50 metre outdoor pool
- 5 metre deep diving pool with diving boards and high diving platforms
- wading pool
- swim squad training.
A fitness centre is also attached to the pool.
The venue will open at 7am with public access being available to use the dive pool for short course laps and the learn to swim pool.
Normal operating hours and facilities will resume from 9.30am.
The pool, constructed in 1959 and refurbished in 2012-13, is historically significant and is listed on the Queensland Heritage Register. The site looks over Victoria Park.
Council endorses the Keep Watch public education program of the Royal Life Saving Society - Australia.
Keep watch @ public pools
When by the pool with your kids Keep watch @ public pools recommends:
- for 0-5 year olds and non-swimmers, a parent or guardian must be in the water at all times within arms' reach of the child/non-swimmer
- for 6-10 year olds, constant active supervision is required by a parent or guardian. Be prepared to get wet and enter the water with this age group
- for 11-14 year olds, parents or guardians must physically check on children on a regular basis.
View the Centenary Pool photo gallery as a slideshow, or view photos individually within Council's Flickr account.
View photos of other Council's swimming pools in Council's Flickr 'pools' collection