CityCycle 2 Million Trip Competition terms and conditions
Read the terms and conditions for the the CityCycle 2 Million Trip Competition.
- Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the competition conditions.
- Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The competition period: The competition commences at 12pm on Wednesday 9 August 2017 and runs through to 11.59pm on 31 August 2017.
- Eligibility: Entry to the competition is open to all persons who hold a monthly membership or student monthly membership, except employees of Brisbane City Council ('Council), JCDecaux and their immediate family, staff, and staff of companies involved with the production, publishing and administration of this promotion and their immediate family. Immediate family means parents, siblings, spouse, children and grandparents. Entry is not open to casual pass holders.
- Entry to the competition is only open to Australian residents over 18 years of age.
- How to enter:
Existing monthly members: Existing CityCycle members are automatically entered into the draw.
Not a monthly member: Sign up for the monthly membership or student monthly membership via the CityCycle website between 9 August 2017 and 31 August 2017 to be entered into the draw.
- Entries are only valid for this promotion.
- Prize: A travel package valued at up to $3000 to one of four destinations. The competition winner will have the choice of the following four holiday destinations:
- Seven day P&O Barrier Reef Discovery Cruise A740 for two people (including food from selected dining experiences, entry into all bars, pubs and clubs, selected activities and entertainment plus free ice cream (one scoop of New Zealand Natural ice cream per person per day) and three Edge adventure activities per person).
- Six day Princess Tasmania Cruise for two people (including two return flights from Brisbane to Melbourne, food from selected dining experiences, entry into all bars, pubs and clubs, selected activities and entertainment).
- Eight day Carnival Pacific Islands Cruise for two people (including two return flights from Brisbane to Sydney, food from selected dining experiences, entry into all bars, pubs and clubs, selected activities and entertainment).
- Four night Heritage Cruise for two people (including two return flights from Brisbane to Adelaide, all meals, selection of shore-side tours, guided nature walks and eco-excursions, onboard presentations, use of spas and saunas, Captain's Dinner and Cocktail Party, live entertainment and 24-hour self-service tea and coffee bar).
The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any additional expenses incurred by the prize winners, other than those outlined in these competition conditions, are the responsibility of the prize winners. Prizes are themselves subject to the specific terms and conditions of the prize providers. All holiday prizes are subject to availability at the time of booking. Prize value is capped at $3000 (GST inclusive).
Competition draw: The winner will be randomly drawn by a JCDecaux staff member at 3pm on Monday 4 September 2017. The winner will the the first eligible entry randomly drawn.
- The promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner notification: The winners will be contacted via email and mobile phone using the member's contact information.
- The prize package must be claimed by 4pm on Monday 11 September 2017 by reply email or phone call. If the winner does not claim the prize or cannot be contacted by email by Monday 11 September 2017, the promoter will re-draw a prizewinner until a contactable winner has been located and the prize is claimed.
- Proof of identity and age may be required when claiming the prize.
- Important - privacy consent: Acceptance of a prize winner constitutes permission for JCDecaux and Brisbane City Council to use the winner's name for advertising, marketing and promotion purposes without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- In the event that a winner fails to satisfy any of the terms and conditions, that prize winner shall not be entitled to the prize and JCDecaux may at its discretion award the prize to another entrant in accordance with the terms and conditions, or choose not to award the prize.
- If the specified prizes become unavailable for any reason, JCDecaux may, but is under no obligation to, substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Any tax payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received will be the prizewinner's responsibility.
- JCDecaux takes no responsibility for the loss of the prize (or the inability of the prize winner to use the prize) due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by the prizewinner, or otherwise.
- JCDecaux makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability, and merchantability of the prize.
- JCDecaux assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. Brisbane City Council assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- JCDecaux and its related entities, employees, contractors, servants or agents shall not be liable for and accept no responsibility for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property arising out of any act or omissions, whether negligent or otherwise in conjunction with the competition or a prize occurring either during or after the competition.
- Participation in the competition constitutes the entrant's unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the terms and conditions. The entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the terms and conditions. JCDecaux's decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or the terms and conditions generally.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the promoter), which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend competition. The promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
- JCDecaux may, at its own discretion, amend these terms and conditions if and when required and/or to cancel the competition at any time without notice or further recourse to entrants. Entrants agree to be bound to any amendments in the terms and conditions so please ensure that you review these terms and conditions for any updates.
- The promoter of this competition is JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd whose principal offices are located at Unit 2 and 3, 182-190 Euston Road, Alexandria, New South Wales.