Abandoned vehicles and shopping trolleys

Abandoned vehicles, including cars and motorbikes, and shopping trolleys on the road or footpath can be unsightly and hazardous. Find out how to report abandoned shopping trolleys and vehicles and how to make a complaint.

""Abandoned vehicles

Once the registration has expired on a vehicle, it is an offence to leave it on the road. You can report abandoned vehicles to Council.

""Removal, storage, sale or disposal of vehicles and articles from Council land or assets

Learn more about when Council may confiscate vehicles or articles from Council assets under the Public Land and Council Assets Local Law 2014 and how to claim the confiscated article.

""Abandoned shopping trolleys

Shopping trolleys taken outside of shopping precincts can be hazardous and unsightly. Report abandoned shopping trolleys to the retailer.