Event noise management plan
If you propose to have live bands or use amplified devices at your event, then you need to provide a Noise Management Plan to Brisbane City Council before your Entertainment Event Permit application can be assessed.
You need to engage a qualified acoustic engineer to develop the Noise Management Plan. The Association of Australian Acoustical Consultants provides a list of member Acoustical Consultants.
The plan should include:
- a site plan including the location of the event, neighbouring land-use details, location and orientation of stages and public address or audio systems
- all potential sources of noise nuisance
- steps that will be taken to minimise the risk of nuisance
- a plan for notifying potential noise-affected premises and closest sensitive receptors
- details of acoustic monitoring during the event
- how complaints received before, during and after the event will be addressed
For further information on noise limits for events, phone Council's Business Hotline on 133 BNE (133 263).