Busking in the Queen Street and Valley Malls adds to the vibrant atmosphere of these bustling shopping and entertainment precincts. Council regulates busking in these areas to ensure pedestrian safety.
When you need a permit
If you want to perform in the Queen Street Mall, Reddacliff Place or the Valley Malls you will need a busking licence. Licences are issued after a successful audition.
There is no charge for a busking licence.
How to apply
1. Prepare a letter of support, if applicable
If you are under 18, you will need a letter of support from your parent/guardian consenting to you performing as a busker in the City of Brisbane Local Government Area. If you are under 16, this letter must also state that the parent/guardian agrees to accompany the applicant to each and every performance.
The letter of support needs to be attached to your online application as a PDF, Word or jpg file.
2. Malls Busking Audition Application
Complete the Malls Busking Audition Application Online Form
New applicants must complete an audition of up to five minutes duration. Auditions are judged by representatives from Brisbane City Council and Brisbane Marketing.
The next round of auditions will be between 9am and 1pm on:
- Saturday 29 October 2016 - Brunswick Street Mall
- Saturday 21 January 2017 - Queen Street Mall
- Saturday 22 April 2017 - Brunswick Street Mall
- Saturday 15 July 2017 - Queen Street Mall
- Saturday 21 October 2017 - Brunswick Street Mall
City Malls Management will notify applicants via mail or email of the date and time of their audition.