Eyes in the Suburbs Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions set out all of the information regarding the Brisbane City Council’s Eyes in the Suburbs promotion (the Terms and Conditions).
- The promoter of this promotion is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 acting through its Lifestyle and Community Services Division, Customer Services Branch, whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane (the Promoter).
- Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Prizes: There are 10 x $100 prizes per month for a period of 12 months (total $12,000) available for this promotion (the Prizes). Prizes will be mailed to the winners in the form of a cheque.
Any additional expenses incurred by the Prize winners, other than those outlined in these Terms and Conditions, are the responsibility of the winners.
The Prizes must be redeemed by each of the Prize winners unless the Prize winner is under 18 years of age, in which case the Prize winner’s parent or guardian is required to redeem the Prize on the Prize winner’s behalf.
- The promotion period: The promotion opens at midnight on 1 July 2019 and closes at midnight on 30 June 2020 (the Promotion Period).
- How to enter: Entrants must lodge a request to Brisbane City Council (Council) and identify their request to be included in the promotion for maintenance or repair to Council property, for example, potholes on Council roads, grass cutting on Council land, graffiti on Council property etc. The request submitted must benefit the greater community, determined by the Promoter, and can be submitted by either:
a) phoning 3403 8888 notifying the consultant they wish to be included in this promotion;
b) submitting a request online at www.Brisbane.qld.gov.au ensuring they select the tick box option to confirm they wish to be included in this promotion; or
c) sending an MMS or SMS to 0429 234 948 noting in the message they wish to be included in this promotion.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this promotion, a person must:
a) be a resident of the City of Brisbane and be able to provide proof of this if required;
b) not be an employee or contracted staff of the Promoter; and
c) not have received a Prize for the Eyes of the Suburbs promotion within the same month at the time of entering.
- Promotion Draw: The winners will be the first 10 eligible entries randomly drawn by a Council Officer 7 days after the start of each month, during the Promotion Period (the Draw Date). Should the Draw Date fall on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Brisbane, Qld, the winners will be drawn on the business day (Monday to Friday) immediately following the Draw Date. The decision of that officer shall be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner Notification: The winners will be notified by telephone by a Council Officer by 5:00pm AEST on the Draw Date.
- Re-Draw: If the winner does not claim the Prize or cannot be contacted by telephone within 14 days of the Draw Date, the Promoter will redraw the Prize winner until a contactable winner has been located and the Prize is claimed.
- No Liability of Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the promotion or acceptance of the Prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Prize.
- Important – Privacy: Information provided by the entrants will be stored and used by Council for purposes of:
a) this promotion; and
b) resolving the maintenance or repair request submitted by the entrant.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders it’s determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions and/or to cancel the promotion at any time prior to the promotion opening without further recourse to the entrants.