With a projected 49% increase in the number of Brisbane residents over the age of 70 by 2027, Council is taking action to ensure our city’s seniors are well provided for.
Since the Lord Mayor’s incentives for retirement and residential care facilities were introduced in September 2016, we haven approved 30 applications which, if constructed, will deliver more than 1300 care beds and 1650 retirement units to the community. A further 17 development applications are currently under assessment.
Council has put together a package of initiatives to ensure an increase in the supply of suitable housing for our ageing population, so Brisbane residents can retire within their suburb and community.
The incentives include:
- free prelodgement meetings
- dedicated assessment managers and delegates who understand the special requirements of the retirement and residential care industry
- a Key Account Manager who is the single point of contact for trouble shooting and problem solving
- a 90 day turnaround on applications
- a 33% reduction on infrastructure charges where meeting requirements.
Find out more information on the incentives, or contact Natasha Bowers, Key Account Manager, on 3403 8888.