Development Services is pleased to introduce a new and improved electronic lodgement process for development applications.
The lodgement form can be accessed from Brisbane City Council’s website and seeks all relevant information required for the proposed development including, relevant drawings and supporting documents. Completing this form may take a little longer than our previous lodgement process, however, providing more detailed information upfront reduces the need for additional lodgement requests and will result in a faster turnaround time from lodgement to issuing a fee quote.
The development application online lodgement form can be used for development types such as material change of use, reconfiguring a lot, building work and operational work (prescribed tidal work only).
Council adopted this online form for lodgements of the above development types on 1 July 2018, thereby replacing the current email lodgement process.
A few points to note:
- State Government DA Forms are still required and can be submitted as an attachment.
- If individual drawings and documents are larger than 10Mb, they will need to be split for accessibility purposes on PD Online.
- If the attachments for the application are more than 20Mb in total, please follow the instructions provided in the Attachments section of the lodgement form.
- Applications for Council's fast-track lodgement service, RiskSMART, are to continue to lodge using the dedicated RiskSMART lodgement form.
Council has a number of other online lodgement forms as the preferred method for our customers when submitting the following applications:
- Development Services Enquiry Form;
- Request to Change or Extend an Existing Approval;
- Operational Works/Compliance Assessment.
Note: from 1 September 2018, lodgements for the above application types will no longer be accepted via email.
For more information about the online process, you can: