Citywide amendment - Heritage places and city views
To ensure our friendly and liveable city continues to thrive and Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Plan) remains effective and up-to-date, Brisbane City Council adopted a package of amendments to some of its citywide provisions with the Heritage places and city views amendment (Major amendment package F).
The amendments package
The amendment package followed the 'major amendment' process as outlined in the Queensland Government's Minister’s Guidelines and Rules.
The package of changes includes:
- amendments of both the Heritage and Pre-1911 building overlays to incorporate up to date information gathered as part of Council’s ongoing review of the city’s heritage.
- recognition of the city’s key civic spaces and iconic vistas by including a new Key civic space and iconic vista overlay code and map.
For an overview of the changes, you can download the:
- Citywide amendment – Heritage places and city views factsheet (PDF - 175kb)
- Citywide amendment – Heritage places and city views factsheet (Word - 99kb).
The amendment package was publicly notified from 4 March until 12 April 2019. Council held three public consultation events and received a total of 72 submissions.
|31 July 2018||Council proposed to amend City Plan|
|August 2018-November 2018||Queensland Government review|
|4 March 2019-12 April 2019||Public consultation including an opportunity to have your say on the draft amendment package|
|August 2019-September 2019||Final Queensland Government review|
Queensland Government approval to adopt and Council adoption and gazettal.
The amendment has been adopted into Brisbane City Plan 2014.
Other City Plan amendments
You may be interested to give your feedback on other proposed amendments to City Plan now open for consultation.
Register for updates
To stay informed about City Plan, including proposed amendments and to receive other Council planning and development updates, you can register your interest.
For more information about the major amendment to City Plan, you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
City Planning & Economic Development
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane QLD 4001.