1. Kangaroo Point Bridge by Richard Kirk Architects
Richard Kirk Architects' design concept for a pedestrian bridge from Alice Street to Kangaroo Point aims to realise Brisbane’s potential as a compact and walkable city.
This double curved suspension bridge would add an elegant form to the city’s skyline, have minimal impact on the river’s edge, integrate with existing public transport services and contribute to an environment which increases the viability of the full range of sustainable travel choices.
Community engagement with this idea
- views of this page - 1271
- social media views - 17,271
- facebook likes - 202
- general support for the concept and embracing active travel
- bridge should accommodate cyclists as well as pedestrians
- bridge should provide shade and seating
- design should include safety hand rails
- additional vehicle bridge crossings should be considered