14. City Botanic Gardens by Urbis
The Urbis design team has proposed a variety of landscape interventions within the botanic gardens to deliver a narrative of experiences and uses related to its past, present and future use.
Urbis’ design ideas include a series of intimate gardens, rolling lawns, activation pods, a community centre, connected pathways and active river edge to re-define the botanic gardens as Brisbane city centre’s green heart, a people’s place.
Community engagement with this idea
- views of this page - 494
- social media views - 5629
- facebook likes - 176
- support concept for engaging with the river
- support improved activation of the area, including at night
- money could be better allocated to other projects, given the space is satisfactory as is