15. City Reach by Archipelago
The design team at Archipelago Architects have focussed on a design concept for City Reach which embraces and celebrates the Brisbane River as part of this internationally significant ‘River City’.
This design vision includes a riverside promenade and increases the pedestrian connection to nearby city streets. Archipelago sees the City Reach idea as an opportunity to create an emblematic city space which is a people-oriented, city-scaled, urban river edge.
Community engagement with this idea
- views of this page - 500
- social media views - 26,432
- facebook likes - 304
- support reconnecting people with the river
- oppose the extensive use of concrete
- desire for more shade and greenery (trees and grass)
- concerns about flooding impact