17. William Street Precinct by Hassell
Hassell has focused on reactivating the William Street Precinct, with a mix of uses bringing life to the precinct through all hours of the day and night.
This idea shows how William Street and adjoining public spaces can be enhanced and how connections can be improved to draw people down from the city to the Brisbane River.
Heritage buildings are protected and brought to life with new activities and public spaces to increase their visibility and vitality as part of the city centre.
Community engagement with this idea
- views of this page - 105
- social media views - 4938
- facebook likes - 98
- desire for more greenery and less concrete
- some concerns about the impact on the flow of traffic
- support for proposed architectural design