4. Central Station by Bureau Proberts and Urban Art Projects
The design team led by Bureau Proberts has re-imagined Central Station as a grand city gateway and as a place to commute, connect and be proud of.
The design inspiration for Central Station came from original 1902 blueprints to create a new lower level connecting through to Anzac Square. This shift in thinking enables the creation of two generous level entries for commuters that will offer a vibrant, active and naturally-lit station environment befitting a new world city. A truly world class arrival experience and civic space.
Community engagement with this idea
- views of this page - 1077
- social media views - 28,772
- facebook likes - 205
- support for much needed upgrade/revamp of Central Station
- support for providing better access and connectivity
- design needs to be sympathetic in design to the original heritage building and the War Memorial/Anzac Square and provide improved access to this space
- some said money was better spent on other projects/services which they felt were more in need
- confusion as to whether this was simply an idea or an approved project