9. Woolloongabba Link by AECOM
AECOM’s design team has developed a dynamic concept for a link connecting Woolloongabba and the CBD called the Woolloongabba 'Bolt'.
The concept is based on a 'bolt' as both a noun meaning a jagged white flash of lightning reminiscent of sub-tropical storms, people, light and energy, and also a verb for moving or running quickly as in a direct link, which is dynamic, fast, active and exciting.
AECOM's design team proposes the incorporation of an improved, legible and safe cycle and pedestrian network including new pedestrian bridge, tree-top walk between the City Botanic Gardens and Kangaroo Point Cliffs and innovative lighting to stimulate night time use.
Community engagement with this idea
- views of this page - 889
- social media views - 38,185
- facebook likes - 352
- mixed reactions about the need for a river crossing in this area given close proximity to Goodwill Bridge
- suggestions that money could be better spent elsewhere
- support for improved accessibility and connectivity and encouraging people to walk and cycle
- concerns it would negatively impact view of Kangaroo Point cliffs